ACUPWR makes the world’s best travel power converters, including special models for refrigeration and cooling appliances, global surge protectors, plug adaptors, and voltage stabilizers. ACUPWR electrical transformers are made in the U.S., and our other products (plug adaptors, voltage stabilizers, etc.) are manufactured in the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and engineered and assembled in the U.S..
We’ve been in business since 1978, and we take tremendous pride in offering superior-quality products while putting customer satisfaction at the top of our priorities. We know that when a customer uses an ACUPWR voltage transformer or converter product, they’re using the safest, most reliable, longest-lasting product available.
Our Tru-Watts™ line of international voltage converters are made with pride here in the United States using the finest components available. This includes copper wire — compare with cheaper, foreign-made transformers/converters using aluminum wire. Theirs will explode when overloaded, while ours simply shuts down. Safety comes first, as does customer satisfaction.
Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S # 081527498
We provide a lifetime warranty for all of our products. Moreover, for certain models, we provide up to $10,000 damage coverage should any of your appliances become damaged or unusable as a result of an ACUPWR electrical transformer or converter failing, which almost never happens. No other manufacturer does this, and it’s another reason why we’ve earned our place as the go-to company for safe and reliable voltage transformers and converters.
What We Offer
Our Tru-Watts™ voltage transformers will last a lifetime, and they’re the perfect answer for anybody who’s had enough with the cheap, Chinese-made converters. While those lower priced products seem like a bargain and appeal to customers with visual accoutrements like power meters, they will explode when overloaded. (That’s not supposed to happen.)
- Step-Up Voltage Converters: Converts voltage from the wall to a higher level to meet the voltage requirements of your product. For example, if you need to use a 220–240-volt appliance in the U.S. or Canada where the voltage is 110–120 volts, an ACUPWR step-up transformer is the ideal product.
- Step-Down Voltage Converters: Converts voltage from the wall to a lower level to meet voltage requirements of your product. For example, an ACUPWR step-down transformer will let you use a 110–120-volt appliance in a country where 220–240 volts is the standard.
- Step Up/Step Down Voltage Converters: As its name suggests, this model can be used to transform power to a higher or lower level. With one of these models, you could convert 110–120 volts of power to 220-240 volts, and vice-versa.
- Refrigeration/Cooling Voltage Transformers: Bringing a cooling device like a refrigerator or cooler designed to operate at 110–120 volts/60 Hz to 220–240 volts/50 Hz requires a special transformer that will not only convert voltage, but also convert the AC frequency (as measured in Hertz or Hz). Using a 60-Hz appliance in a 50-Hz country will result in poor performance and eventual motor burnout.
- Specific Models for Different Countries: Not every country uses the standard of 110–120 volts or 220–240 volts. Japan uses 100 volts, while many countries in South America and the Caribbean (also including Mexico) rely on 127–130 volts. ACUPWR makes international voltage converters that allow 110–120-volt appliances to be used in those countries, and vice-versa.
- AC Power Boosters and Reducers: These devices provide a 25-volt boost or reduction that will allow high-power motors to work at their proper torque when in a country with different AC frequency (50 Hz or 60 Hz).
- Global Surge Protectors: ACUPWR offers a home surge protector and power strip with six universal outlets, line cords using a variety of plug shapes (including Type B, D, F, I, and J), and 750 joules/13,000 amps of surge protection.
Voltage Stabilizers: ACUPWR offers two voltage stabilizer models (rated for 1500- and 2000-watt loads) that will keep 220–240 volts of line voltage steady throughout brownouts, spikes, ripples, and voltage fluctuations. These products also provide 340 joules of surge protection.
Plug Adapters: Our selection of electric plug adapters allow compatibility between the numerous different plug and receptacle types that exist throughout the world.
- Customer Support: ACUPWR’s technicians and representatives are always on call to help you find the voltage conversion product to meet your needs. Problems or concerns? Contact us anytime. You can call, email, or use the messaging feature on our website. We promise to resolve any questions or issues with your ACUPWR product. Your satisfaction is essential to us, and we work tirelessly to exceed your expectations.
Here at ACUPWR, our friendly representatives and knowledgeable technicians are always available to help you find the perfect product for your needs. This service can range from finding an electrical transformer to run your appliances to international power converters for fans, hair dryers, and more. Feel free to contact us anytime via email, phone call, or our website’s online messaging feature to find the perfect solution for your power problems. We work hard to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, and we’re here and ready to answer any questions or solve any issues you have with any ACUPWR product.
ACUPWR makes certain that all orders are packed safely and securely, whether they’re being shipped across town, across the country, or all over the world.
- United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, US Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands): Shipping costs are calculated by carrier. We use either UPS (United Parcel Service) or USPS (United States Postal Service).
- International: Prices vary according to weight. (Please note that customers are responsible for any customs duties and tariffs.)
Special shipping arrangements are available upon request.
When placing bulk orders, we can ship via freight or sea shipment depending on your needs and time sensitivity.